IFB Management course Life science 2018-2019 (mainly English)
We are sorry but this course is fully booked, no new subscriptions are possible.
IFB invites you to subscribe to the 26th Management course Life Science.
During the 8 modules of 2 days (Wednesday and Thursday - residential) participants get to understand the main forces, trends, opportunities & challenges in/of life science sector.
43 Key opinion leaders / stakeholders are chosen because they are one of the references and often THE REFERENCE and offer their vision on the future.
The participants are offered an overview of the Health Care sector in Belgium/ Europe. They become part of a unique network where participants and speakers regularly meet.
More than a 1000 Managers have participated in the past and are part of this important network. Participants are considered as most promising managers and high potentials.
A maximum of 30 participants are accepted to prevail an optimal interaction with the Key Opinion Leaders and the other participants. Active participation and commitment in a group assignment is rewarded by a certificate.
The lectures are given in English (most of the time), Dutch and French. Therefore the passive knowledge of these languages is required. Questions and discussions can be in the participants mother language.
The location of the course is Salons Waerboom – Grand-Bigard Brussels.
The past 25 years more than a 1.000 managers in the Health Care sector have participated to this course:
- Managers of Biopharmaceutical companies,
- Medical Devices,
- Venture Capitalists,
- Health Care providers like doctors, pharmacists,
- Health insurance / authorities, ...
- Service companies,
- High potentials…
Helicopter view of the Health Care sector in Belgium/Europe:
The participants get an overview of the Health Care sector in Belgium/Europe.
A greater understanding in the how and the why of the rapid evolution in this sector is shown and experienced.
You will understand what happens today and develop a clear vision on future problems and opportunities.
Insights will be shared about the relevant trends today and how to use them to make forecasts for tomorrow. This course will help you to see the bigger picture.
A unique network of colleagues and KOL's/ experts (see under).
The course helps to create a crucial and unique network with colleagues, stakeholders and KOL’s / decision makers in the field.
More than 1000 participants have participated in the past and are part of this network together with the KOL's.
You will work and interact alongside people from diverse back ground and experiences.
Each speaker is considered as one of the or THE REFERENCE in his/her area. 43 Key Opinion Leaders, all stakeholders offer their vision on the future.
For details of this unique faculty, see under.
The common denominator of all 16,5 days is VISION of the future.
The speakers focus on the future, but also the participants develop a clear vision of future problems and opportunities.
During the course they develop Business Cases for all stakeholders and new business models by working in small, multi-disciplinary groups.
Optimize your personal Management Skills and become a more resonant and more effective leader
Optimize your personal Management Skills and become a more effective leader through sessions about negotiation skills, leadership,
collaborating in small groups, active listening, having an opinion and defend this opinion.
Collaborate in small, multi-disciplinary groups throughout the entire course including negotiation skills, leadership, stakeholders analyses and
new care models integrating and applying new ways and ideas that you will have picked up of the 39 Key Opinion Leaders/ decision makers
during this 16,5-days Management Course.
Promising “high potentials”, need to get a broader horizon and often lack a substantial network.
43 Speakers/ Faculty members/ KOL's: each speaker is considered one of the or THE REFERENCE is his /her area of expertise.
43 Speakers / Faculty members (can still change)
Luc Adriaenssens - APB
Lieven Annemans – UGent
Francis Arickx - RIZIV / CTG
Kristof Bonnarens - pharma.be NEW!
Dirk Broeckx – IFB
Geri Brouwers – META
Nele Caeyers - ReumaNet
David Cassiman – K.U.Leuven
Barbara Claus - Ugent - CTG / CRM
Karen Crabbé - pharma.be NEW!
Anna Colzi - Clinical Phase I Unit Pfizer
Ri De Ridder - former Director General RIZIV/INAMI/NIHDI NEW!
Markus Gores - IQVIA UK
Laurenz Govaerts - KULeuven
Julie Gusman - pharma.be NEW!
Jean Hermesse – Landsbond Christelijke Mutualiteiten, Brussel & Nationaal Intermutualistisch College Gezondheidszorg
Nancy Hardies – Sandoz
Marleen Hoebus – Janssen
Madeleine Janssens – Why5 Research
Kathleen Jooris - Consense NEW!
Diane Kleinermans - Social Security and Public Health Maggie De Block
Vinciane Knappenberg - RIZIV/ INAMI / NIHDI
Alex Lefevre - Roche Diagnostics NEW!
Florence Leveque UMN - CAAIT RIZIV / INAMI /NIHDI
Ingrid Maes – Inovigate
Virginie Millecam - Commissie Terugbetaling Geneesmiddelen CTG/CRM
Benoit Mores - Advisor to the Minister of Social Affairs and Public Health, Maggie De Block
Greet Musch -Directeur generaal DG Pre vergunning FAGG/AFMPS
Frank Nobels - OLV Aalst
Annemie Quanten Management Entry agreements RIZIV
Dirk Ramaekers - KULeuven / Jesse Ziekenhuis
Sarah Rickwood - IQVIA
Eric Van Der Hulst - Innovation Manager Health at imec
Stéphane Vandendael – Genzyme
Piet Vanden Bussche – Domus Medica
Marie-Anne van Lierde - Novartis
Eric Van Nueten - Febelco
Dirk Van Poucke – UGent
Network Speaker (TBD)
Bart Vermeulen - Social Security and Public Health Maggie De Block
Anouk Waeytens - RIZIV/INAMI/NIHDI
Lieve Zwaenepoel - APB
The program 2018-2019 (speakers & topics can still change):
17-18 October 2018
The Belgian Health Care Sector: an introduction.
- Introduction - Martine Wouters IFB
- Introduction of the Health Care Sector and stakeholders - Dirk Broeckx IFB
- The Belgian Health Care System in the world - Ri De Ridder former Director General RIZIV/INAMI/NIHDI NEW!
- Negotiation skills - Prof. Dirk Van Poucke UGent
14-15 November 2018
Innovation in various forms
- Medicines & innovation - Julie Gusman / Karen Crabbé / Kristof Bonnarens – pharma.be NEW!
- Stimulating or drowning innovation, your impact as leader. Kathleen Jooris, partner Consense NEW!
- “On” & “off” patent: do’s & don’ts- Marie-Anne van Lierde Novartis – Nancy Hardies Sandoz
- Biotechnology & advanced technologies - Marleen Hoebus Janssen
- The impact of the eHealth Action Plan 2015-2018 in Belgium – Dirk Broeckx IFB
12-13 December 2018
The traditional business partners
- The prescribing doctor - Dr. Piet Vanden Bussche - Domus Medica
- Building strong and impactful stakeholder relations - Kathleen Jooris, partner Consense NEW!
- The pharmacist anno 2018 and a perspective for tomorrow - Luc Adriaenssens - APB - Lieven Zwaenepoel - APB
- The Hospital pharmacist: from input to output - Barbara Claus - UGent
- The pharmaceutical wholesaler: Eric Van Nueten – Febelco
16-17 January 2019
The patient in society
- Can apps improbe our Health performance? Eric Van Der Hulst - Innovation Manager Health at IMEC
- Experiencing the impact of feedback and strokes - Kathleen Jooris, partner Consense NEW!
- Patient centered health care policies - Benoit Mores - Advisor to the Minister of Social Affairs and Public Health, Maggie De Block
- The critical patient & patient organisation - Nele Caeyers – ReumaNet
- Chronic disease Management: a test case Diabetes - Prof. Dr. F. Nobels OLV Aalst
- Health Technology Assessment and choices for society- Prof. L. Annemans (UGent)
13-14 February 2019
- The point of view of the sick funds - Jean Hermesse Christelijke Mutualiteiten.
- National & European market authorisation– Greet Musch -Directeur generaal DG Pre vergunning FAGG/AFMPS
- The sickness insurance RIZIV / INAMI / NIHDI (all day)
- Francis Arickx Pharmaceutical Policy RIZIV / INAMI / NIHDI
- Virginie Millecam CRM/CTG (commission reimbursement)
- Anouk Waeytens Compagnon diagnostics RIZIV
- Florence Leveque UMN - CAAIT INAMI
- Annemie Quanten Management Entry agreements RIZIV
20-21 March 2019
New models in Health Care
- Insight Discovery - Implications for medical professionals / Pharmacists - GP - Madeleine Janssens WHY5Research
- Diagnostics: effecting every aspect of health care - Alex Lefevre - Roche Diagnostics
- The future health ecosystem - The new rules to win – Ingrid Maes – Inovigate
- Big Data and the transformation of Health Care - Markus Gores - IQVIA UK
24-25 April 2019
New trends - evolutions
- Clinical trials of the future - Dr. Diane Kleinermans - Social Security and Public Health Maggie De Block
- Visit Clinical Research Unit Pfizer
- Hospitals & the future - Prof. Dr. Dirk Ramaekers – Jessa Ziekenhuis Hasselt / KULeuven
- April 24 , 2019 - NETWORK MEETING (19.00h-...) FOR ALUMNI - IFB-ers ONLY. Key Note Speaker will be communicated soon.
- Big data from Omics in the context of Precision Medicine: dreams and reality - Prof. David Cassiman KULeuven - Laurenz Govaerts KULeuven
- Visit to Biocartis - Biocartis
22-23 May 2019
Bringing it all together
- Workshop "Future and New Care Models"
- Dirk Broeckx IFB
- Geri Brouwers META
- Ingrid Maes Inovigate
- Presentations by all participants
- Dirk Broeckx IFB
- Geri Brouwers META
- Ingrid Maes Inovigate
- Francis Arickx RIZIV / INAMI / NIHDI
- Vinciane Knappenberg RIZIV / INAMI / NIHDI
- Stephane Vandendael Sanofi Genzyme
- Closing of the IFB Management Course: Bart Vermeulen - Social Security and Public Health Maggie De Block
|EXTRA VISITS : DATE TO BE CONFIRMED
- SANOFI-GENZYME VISIT
- FEBELCO VISIT
Companies who participated the last 25 years
Aventis Pasteur Merieux MSD
Bank van Breda
Becton Dickinson Benelux
Cabinet Minister De Block
Clinical 4 you
Clinique Notre Dame Framerie
De West-Vlaamse Apothekersvereniging
DePuy - J & J Medical
DHL Pharma Logistics
DHL Supply Chain
Dr. Falk Pharma
Johnson & Johnson
Landsbond Onafh. Ziekenfondsen
Landsbond Socialist. Mut. Brussel
Loyens & Loeff
Merck Sharp & Dohme
Ministerie van Economische Zaken Brussel
Ministerie van Volksgezondheid Brussel
Minsterie van Volksgezondheid en Sociale Zaken
Novartis Consumer Health
O.P.G. / Pharmachemie
Pharma Consult LZ
Pharma Partners Ostende
Procter & Gamble
RIZIV / INAMI
Smart & Bi
Union Royale Pharm. prov. de Namur
Practical information for 2018-2019
IF YOU SUBSCRIBE BEFORE JUNE 1th - 2018:
- The subscription fee: 7.499 Euro excl. VAT for this 16 & 1/2 day course with 38 Key Opinion Leaders and decision makers.
- This fee can be split over 2018 - 2019 on request.
- We offer 2 IFB Health Café 2018 sessions for free:(other network):
- IFB Health Café of 3/10/2018
- IFB Health Café of 28/11/2018
- Catering, room cost and other various for the 16 & 1/2 days and 8 nights: 2.986 Euro (VAT not included) including coffee breaks, lunches, dinners & drinks, meeting rooms, rooms, breakfast,….
SUBSCRIPTION AFTER JUNE 1th - 2018:
- 7.799 € (excl. VAT), hotel costs not included.
- The fee can be split over 2018 - 2019.
- Hotel cost for the 16 & 1/2 days and 8 nights: 2986 Euro (VAT not included) for coffee breaks, lunches, dinners & drinks, meeting rooms, rooms, breakfast,….
- Non-profit organisations can get a 50 % reduction of the subscription fee.
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) can profit from the KMO portefeuille (www.kmo-portefeuille.be or call 1700 for more information).
- The authorisation number is DV.O104106. The number of formation hours during this 16 day cours is 120 h. Check this on the website www.kmo-portefeuille.be or call nr 1700.
- Catering can be subsidized for 25€/day X 16 days = 400 €
LOCATION: The 8 modules (16 days) take place most of the time in Brussels – Grand Bigard (Salons Waerboom). Waerboom - Jozef Mertensstraat 140 - B-1702 Groot-Bijgaarden - +32 (0)2 463 15 00
* if > 20 participants.
Instituut Farmaceutische Bedrijfskunde (IFB) BVBA
Institut de Gestion Pharmaceutique
Institute for Pharmaceutical Business Administration
Martine Wouters ( +32 (0)498 110 114 )